Great Snoring commemorates 100 years since the Armistice
Poppies on Parade
Poppies on Parade in the Churchyard
Poppies on Parade in the Church
Members of the public are cordially invited to attend the meeting of Great Snoring Parish Council on Thursday 13 September at 7 pm in the Social Club.
Please click here to view the agenda.
Smaller authority name: _____Great Snoring Parish Council ___
NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS AND PUBLICATION OF UNAUDITED ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2018
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
1. Date of announcement_1 June 2018
2. Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2018, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
(b) Mrs Joanna Otte, Parish Clerk____
Little Manor, Thursford Road, Little Snoring, Fakenham, NR21 0JN
commencing on Monday 4 June 2018
and ending on Friday 13 July 2018
3. Local government electors and their representatives also have:
· The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
· The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4. The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team)
1 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
5. This announcement is made by Joanna Otte, Parish Clerk
NOTICE OF VACANCY
IN OFFICE OF COUNCILLOR
PARISH OF GREAT SNORING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a casual vacancy has arisen in the Office of Councillor for the Parish Council.
If by 6 June, 2018 (14 days excluding Dies Non, after the date of this notice) a
request for an election to fill said vacancy is made in writing to the Returning
Officer at the address below by TEN electors for the said Parish, an election
will be held to fill the said vacancy, otherwise the vacancy will be filled by cooption. If an election is called, it will take place not later than 8 August, 2018.
Dated 16 May, 2018
North Norfolk District Council
Members of the public are cordially invited to attend the Annual Parish Meeting and the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council on Thursday 10 May 2018 at 7 pm in the Social Club. Please follow this link to view the agenda.
NORFOLK COUNTY COUNCIL has made a Temporary Traffic Order affecting the C319 Fakenham Road from its junction with C317 The Street for a distance of 50 metres southwards in the PARISH OF GREAT SNORING because of a water pipe repair.
The road will be temporarily closed (except for access) from 8th May 2018 to 12th May 2018 for the duration of the works, expected to be 5 days within the period.
Alternative route is via: C319 Fakenham Road/ Thorpland, A148 Fakenham Bypass/ Holt Road, C317 The Street/ Great Snoring Road/ Norwich Road (Little Snoring/ Kettlestone/ Great Snoring/ Fakenham).
(If necessary the restriction could run for a maximum period of 18 months from the date of the Order).
Penalty: £1000 maximum fine on conviction and/or endorsement for contravention.
In the event of the start date being delayed the new start date will be displayed on site in advance.
The person dealing with enquiries at Norfolk County Council is Martin Dixon (Community and Environmental Services) Telephone 0344 800 8020.
Dated this 4th day of May 2018
Norfolk County Council has teamed up with getcomposting.com to provide an exclusive offer of home compost bins and other great green products. Please follow this link for more information NCC Composting Poster 2018
Members of the public are cordially invited to attend the Parish Council meeting on Thursday 8 March 2018 at 7pm in the Social Club. Please click here to view the agenda.